We are excited to invite all teachers to apply for one of the most transformative and effective professional development opportunities of a lifetime. Detroit Future Schools (DFS) needs innovative, passionate, committed teachers toapply. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. The first round of applications will be reviewed in April 2013.
This is an open invitation to all educators in Metro-Detroit to apply for one of a few positions available for a year-long initiative to empower young people in our classrooms and communities by integrating the following into your classroom:
- Digital Media Arts
- Problem-Posing Pedagogy
- Community-School Interactions
- Documentation & Evaluation
Through your participation in this year-long program, you will be partnered with a digital media artist and you will explore several key questions:
- What role can media and technology play in building Detroit's Future?
- How can we ensure equitable access to the tools of information, creation and collaboration?
- How can the integration of media and technology into the learning process increase student agency and connection to community?
For further information, please visit our website. Want to know what DFS might look like in a classroom? Take a look at this classroom visit in our youngest DFS classroom!
Here are some testimonies from the DFS Crew of 2012!
Feel free to share this information far and wide.